American Sign Language Interpreter near Waynesboro, GA
Soliant Schools is working closely with a school in the Waynesboro, Georgia area that is looking for an educational American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter to join their education team. The ideal candidate is skilled in a variety of modes of sign language. The director encourages and welcomes new graduates to apply. They are looking to interview and hire quickly!
- Two years College - Georgia Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Quality Assurance Assessment or equivalent skills or
- Associate Degree from a two year Interpreting Program - Possess Georgia Registry of Interpreters for The Deaf Advanced Quality Assurance Assessment or equivalent skills or
- Associate degree with Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf or equivalent skills
- Two years of experience interpreting for the deaf or hard of hearing, preferably in an educational setting, is desired.
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in Sign Language. EIPA score.
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
Under the supervision of a general education and/or special education teacher, the Sign Language Interpreter functions in a support position working with Deaf/Hard of Hearing students. The employee directs any concerns regarding job function or student performance to the appropriate staff members. The employee reports to the teacher of the deaf and hard of hearing and the Director of Special Education.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, reach out to Jessica by sending her your updated professional resume and 2-3 times that work best for a preliminary phone interview. ([email protected])
- Guards confidentiality in accordance with Registry Of Interpreters For The Deaf Code Of Ethics.
- Reports to general education class on time.
- Meets with teacher and deaf student(s) prior to first class for introduction and gives an explanation of the role of interpreter.
- Stands in a place that provides the best distance, lighting, background and angle for student viewing. Consults with teachers and students regarding this.
- Interprets lecture material accurately.
- Voice interprets student responses accurately.
- Directs student questions to the teacher and teacher questions to the student.
- Additional Duties as assigned
- Full-time Position (35 guaranteed hours per week, Monday-Friday)
- Onsite Position (W2 Contracting)
- Caseload: 1:1 with Elementary School Student
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match
For more information on this position, contact Jessica Williams [email protected]
Recent SLI Jobs
- Burgaw, NC
- Lexington, SC
- Alexandria, LA
- Talmage, CA
- Cottonport, LA
- Hartley, TX
- Burgaw, NC
- Virginia Beach, VA
- YELM, WA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLIJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next sign language interpreter teacher job.