Education Sign Language Interpreter near Ownings Mills, MD
Soliant Schools is working closely with a school near Ownings Mills, Maryland in the hopes of finding an Educational Sign Language Interpreter for the upcoming school year. The ideal candidate is either nationally certified (NIC or RID) or has an EIPA score of 3.0 or higher. The director is looking to interview and hire quickly!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Interpret lectures, discussions, announcements, conversations, meetings, events, and other spoken word situations using American Sign Language or other manual sign system appropriate for the language and the cultural background of deaf or hard of hearing students and staff.
- Full-time position (Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours per week)
- On-site W-2 contract Position
- Caseload: 1:1 with 2nd grade student that needs interpretation services to access their environment.
- Competitive Weekly Pay, Benefits(Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.), and 401k Employer matching
Facilitates communication between hearing and deaf or hard of hearing individuals in classrooms and meetings using American Sign Language or other manual sign system; serves as a liaison between deaf or hard of hearing students, hearing students and instructors; and performs related work as required.
- Must have an active certificate (NIC or RID) or an EIPA score of 3.0 or higher
- Must be fluent in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Preferred: Experience signing in educational environments
For more information on this position, contact Jessica Williams at [email protected]
Recent SLI Jobs
- Middleburg, NC
- Dallas, TX
- Oxford, NC
- Cary, IL
- Oak Forest, IL
- Berkeley, CA
- Glenwood , IL
- Temple, TX
- Eugene, OR
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLIJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next sign language interpreter teacher job.