Educational American Sign Language Interpreter in Nashville, TN
Soliant Schools is working closely with a school in Nashville, Tennessee that is looking for an educational American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter to join their education team. The ideal candidate is skilled in a variety of modes of sign language. The director encourages and welcomes new graduates to apply. They are looking to interview and hire quickly!
The purpose of this job is to enable deaf and hard of hearing students in the school system equal access to curriculum and other school-related materials and activities. Duties and responsibilities include interpreting and tutoring deaf and hearing impaired students. If this position sounds like a good fit for you, reach out to Jessica by sending her your updated professional resume and 2-3 times that work best for a preliminary phone interview. ([email protected])
- Must meet the highly qualified standards for Paraprofessionals.
- High School Diploma (or GED) required, completion of two years of study (48 semester hours) at an institution of higher education;
- obtained an associate’s or higher degree;
- passing score of 456 on the ParaPro Assessment.
- Skilled in a variety of modes of sign language, i.e. Manually Coded English (MCE), American Sign Language (ASL), Pigeon Sign English (PSE), Conceptually Accurate Signed English (CASE), Contact Signing, Tactile Sign Language.
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Provide sign language interpretive services in the educational setting as specified in the
Individualized Education Program (IEP) of the student to whom assigned.
- Use a variety of modes of sign language to interpret for deaf or hearing-impaired students.
- Effectively and impartially facilitate communication between persons who are deaf or hard of
hearing and hearing persons.
- Follow all Laws and Codes of Ethics that govern interpreters.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining and improving sign language skills.
- Encourage student independence and self-advocacy.
- Assists with set-up of AT devices, as needed.
- Assists small groups when needed (spelling, reading math, etc.).
- Monitors care of auditory trainers and hearing aids.
- Maintain student confidentiality, as mandated by both State and Federal law, at all times.
- Full-time Position (Monday-Friday, 6.5hrs a day)
- Onsite Position (W2 Contracting)
- Caseload: One High School Student, Two Middle School Students, and a few Elementary Students
- We offer weekly pay, benefits and flexible hours!
For more information on this position, contact Jessica Williams [email protected]
Recent SLI Jobs
- Auburn, CA
- Lincoln Beach, OR
- Georgetown, CA
- Montgomery, IL
- Hampton, GA
- Acworth, GA
- Rome, GA
- Union Grove, WI
- Waldport, OR
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLIJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next sign language interpreter teacher job.