Educational Sign Language Interpreter- Conyers, GA area
A school district near Conyers, Georgia is looking for an educational sign language interpreter. Interpreter would be assisting the district in a 1:1 position with a student on-campus. Interpreter would be facilitating communication between the student and faculty. Candidates with previous interpreting experience preferred.
For additional details and immediate consideration, please call 678-497-4757 or email resume to [email protected] .
- EIPA score of 3.5 or higher preferred, OR RID/NID certification.
- Caseload: 1:1; elementary school.
- Virtual interview process.
- Work under the direction and supervision of the teacher to whom assigned.
- Interpret for students utilizing the student’s preferred mode of communications.
- Provide interpreting during the school day in academic and non-academic settings.
- Confer with educators to plan for interpreting.
- Demonstrate and understand the educational process of interpreting by receiving training specific to job needs.
- To assist students who are deaf or hard of hearing and perform other related duties which benefit the students.
- Interpret auditory and signed information which includes environmental sounds, teacher instruction, student questions, and peer communication.
- Attend student’s IEP Team meeting if necessary, in order to provide information about the student’s communication abilities and needs.
- Serve as a member of the educational team to provide direct support to students with deafness as indicated in the students’ Individualized Educational Plan
- Work effectively in close physical proximity to students who are primarily visual and tactile learners.
- Become proficient in the assigned student’s communication methods and strategies.
- Assist staff in teaching academics, daily living, and social skills
- Accompany and support the student during community-based instruction.
Guaranteed hours. Competitive pay. We offer medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match.
For more information, apply below or contact Joe Gensler at 678-497-4757 / [email protected] for immediate consideration.
Recent SLI Jobs
- Burien, WA
- Marietta, GA
- Los Gatos, CA
- Ladson, SC
- La Crosse, WI
- Gages Lake, IL
- Columbia, SC
- Douglasville, MS
- Lithia Springs, GA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLIJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next sign language interpreter teacher job.