Educational Sign Language Interpreter - Portland, Maine (23/24 school year)
Educational Sign Language Interpreter
Are you passionate about empowering students with hearing impairments and ensuring their educational success? Soliant is working with a partner school in the Portland, Maine area to hire a skilled and dedicated Educational Sign Language Interpreter for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Provide sign language interpretation services to a student with hearing impairments.
- Facilitate effective communication between students, teachers, and staff by interpreting spoken language into American Sign Language (ASL) and vice versa.
- Assist students with understanding and comprehending classroom lectures, discussions, assignments, and other educational materials.
- Collaborate with teachers and other support staff to develop strategies and accommodations that promote the inclusion and participation of students with hearing impairments.
- Maintain accurate records of interpretation services provided, student progress, and other relevant data.
- Foster a supportive and inclusive environment for students with hearing impairments, promoting their social and emotional well-being.
- Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) and a thorough understanding of deaf culture.
- Must have EIPA score of 3.5.
- Experience in a school setting preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish rapport with students, teachers, and parents.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities to handle multiple assignments and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Sensitivity and adaptability to meet the unique needs and learning styles of students with hearing impairments.
- A commitment to fostering an inclusive and supportive learning environment.
Position follows the school calendar schedule.
- Full time openings
Competitive and negotiable hourly rate will be determined based on experience of applicant, as well as school budget. Applicant will not be paid when school is closed for breaks, holidays, etc.
W2 contracted position for the 2023/2024 school year. Contract renewals for the following school-year are available for a good fit.
Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental and 401k with employer match) are available.
Travel pay and stipends are available for those who qualify.
For questions please contact Kateryna Kourliak at Soliant Education:
Email: [email protected]
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SLI Jobs
Sign Language Interpreter - School ContractAurora, IL
Sign Language Interpreter | Hapeville, GAHapeville, GA
School Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) Job- Near Columbia City, IndianaColumbia City, IN
Sign Language Interpreter 2023-2024 School YearAvilla, IN
Multiple Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) positions available in Savannah, GASavannah, GA
Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) Contract Job in San Antonio, TX | 23/24 School YearSan Antonio, TX
Opening for a Sign Language Interpreter in Redding, CA | 2023-2024 SYRedding, CA
Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) - 2023/2024 - Rochester, WA - Full Timerochester, WA
REMOTE | Alaska | Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) Job Opportunity | 23/24 School Year | Full-TimeWasilla, AK
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLIJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next sign language interpreter teacher job.