Elementary School Sign Language Interpreter - Alexandria, LA
We are seeking a highly skilled and passionate Sign Language Interpreter for the 2023/2024 school year. As a School Sign Language Interpreter, you will provide essential support to students who are deaf or hard of hearing, ensuring their access to education and fostering an inclusive learning environment. Your role will involve interpreting spoken language into American Sign Language (ASL) and vice versa, facilitating communication between students, teachers, and staff. If you possess excellent sign language skills, strong interpersonal abilities, and a commitment to inclusivity in education, we invite you to apply for this rewarding position.
- Provide interpretation and transliteration services between spoken language and American Sign Language (ASL) in classroom settings, meetings, assemblies, and other school-related activities.
- Assist students who are deaf or hard of hearing in understanding and communicating information presented in a spoken language.
- Adapt instructional materials to ensure accessibility for students with hearing impairments.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and other educational professionals to support students' academic and social needs.
- Help facilitate communication and interaction between students with hearing impairments and their hearing peers.
- Assist in maintaining accurate records of interpreting services provided and student progress.
- Stay updated on current practices and developments in the field of sign language interpreting and deaf education.
- Respect and maintain student confidentiality at all times.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and familiarity with Deaf culture.
- Proficiency in spoken English to effectively interpret between spoken language and ASL.
- Certification as a sign language interpreter (e.g., National Interpreter Certification, EIPA Score of 3.0 or above, RID Certification) is highly preferred.
- Experience working as a sign language interpreter in an educational setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish rapport with students, teachers, and staff.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to adapt to different educational settings and subject matters.
- Sensitivity and patience when working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Commitment to maintaining professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Application Process: If you meet the qualifications and are excited about this opportunity to make a positive impact on students' lives, please apply with your resume.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SLI Jobs
Sign Language Interpreter - School ContractAurora, IL
Sign Language Interpreter | Hapeville, GAHapeville, GA
School Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) Job- Near Columbia City, IndianaColumbia City, IN
Sign Language Interpreter 2023-2024 School YearAvilla, IN
Multiple Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) positions available in Savannah, GASavannah, GA
Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) Contract Job in San Antonio, TX | 23/24 School YearSan Antonio, TX
Opening for a Sign Language Interpreter in Redding, CA | 2023-2024 SYRedding, CA
Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) - 2023/2024 - Rochester, WA - Full Timerochester, WA
REMOTE | Alaska | Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) Job Opportunity | 23/24 School Year | Full-TimeWasilla, AK
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLIJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next sign language interpreter teacher job.