Now Interviewing Sign Language Interpreter (SLI)
Position Type: Full-time, Contract
Job Duration: 2023-2024 School Year
Hours per Week: 37.5
Are you a dedicated Speech-Language Interpreter (SLI) looking for an exciting opportunity working with school-aged populations? We have an excellent school district in need of an SLI to join their dynamic team for the upcoming school year. This is your chance to make a meaningful impact on the lives of students in our community!
- Provide sign language interpretation and transliteration services in various educational settings, including classrooms, assemblies, meetings, and school events.
- Interpret spoken language into American Sign Language (ASL) and vice versa, ensuring accurate communication between deaf or hard of hearing students and hearing individuals.
- Assist students in understanding and following classroom instructions, lectures, discussions, and assignments.
- Facilitate effective communication and interaction between students, teachers, support staff, and peers.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and other educational professionals to develop strategies for meeting students' individualized needs.
- Support students in developing their language and communication skills, including ASL proficiency and English literacy.
- Provide support during assessments and examinations, ensuring equal access and accurate interpretation of test materials.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to professional standards of conduct and ethics.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and a strong understanding of Deaf culture.
- Certification as a Sign Language Interpreter (e.g., RID certification) is highly preferred.
- Experience working as a sign language interpreter in an educational setting is desirable.
- Knowledge of educational practices, learning strategies, and accommodations for students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with students, teachers, parents, and other stakeholders.
- The ability to interpret accurately and impartially, maintaining the integrity and intent of the message.
- Sensitivity to the unique needs and challenges of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
We offer competitive hourly pay and benefits packages, including health insurance, retirement plans, and professional development opportunities.
Please submit your resume, and any other relevant documents for consideration. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, so early applications are encouraged!
Apply here or please email your resume to [email protected]
Janah Zabala | Ph: 678-327-0996
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SLI Jobs
- North Hollywood, CA
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Reading, PA
- Erie, PA
- York, PA
- Abbottstown, PA
- Green Springs, PA
- Studio City, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLIJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next sign language interpreter teacher job.