School Sign Language Interpreter - Missouri
Job Summary: As a Sign Language Interpreter, you will facilitate effective communication between students who are deaf or hard of hearing and the educational environment. Your expertise in American Sign Language (ASL) and educational interpreting will play a vital role in ensuring equal access to educational opportunities for students.
Position type: Full-Time
Caseload: Discussed during Interview
Pay Range: $23-28/hr - Paid Weekly
- Provide sign language interpretation and communication support to deaf or hard-of-hearing students in various educational settings.
- Facilitate effective communication between deaf or hard-of-hearing students and their peers, teachers, and other school staff.
- Ensure that all classroom materials, lectures, and discussions are accessible to students by providing real-time interpretation.
- Modify and adapt sign language interpreting techniques and strategies to meet the unique needs and communication styles of each student.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and other educational professionals to create an inclusive and supportive learning environment for deaf or hard-of-hearing students.
- Professional Development: Continuously improve professional skills and knowledge by attending workshops, trainings, and conferences related to sign language interpreting, deaf culture, and educational practices.
- Adhere to professional codes of ethics and conduct, maintaining the highest standards of professional practice and confidentiality in all interactions.
- Hold a minimum of an Educational Interpreter Performance Assessment (EIPA) score of 3.5, or RID (The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc.) or NIC (National Interpreter Certification).Possess fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and demonstrated proficiency in English.
- Prior experience working as a Sign Language Interpreter in an educational setting is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with educational terminology and curriculum to effectively interpret academic content.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with students, staff, and parents.
- Demonstrated cultural competence and sensitivity towards deaf culture and the diverse needs of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt interpretation styles based on the needs and preferences of individual students.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match
Upon submitting your application, qualified candidates can contact Lucy Malone at (678) 459-1104, or by email at [email protected], for next steps.
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SLI Jobs
- Jupiter, FLSunbelt has an opening for a Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) opportunity at a school district near Jupiter, FL. In this position you will be working one on one with a student. Job Details 1:1 with High School Student Deaf/Hard of Hearing Requirements EIPA Score of 3.6 or Higher About Sunbelt Competitive Pay 401K Matching Health/Dental/Vision Plans Guaranteed Hours For any further questions regarding the Sign La
- Burnettown, GASunbelt is currently to looking to hire a Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) with full benefits and guaranteed hours at a supportive school district near Burnettown, Georgia for the 23/24 School Year. Job Details SLI duties 1-on-1 with individual student part time/ full time Requirements Georgia SLI License Pediatrics experience - preferred 3.5 EIPA score Sunbelt Benefits Competitive rates Weekly
- Chancellor, VAFull-Time Sign Language Interpreter near Chancellor, Virginia Sunbelt Staffing is working with a school district in the Chancellor, Virginia area that is looking for a Full-Time Sign Language Interpreter. The Full-Time Sign Language Interpreter would work 1:1 with a student. Job Details: Full Time Elementary Working 1:1 with an Elementary student throughout their school day to provide Sign Language communication support for the stud
- Columbia Heights, GASunbelt is working closely with a supportive school district near Columbia Heights, Georgia to find a Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) with guaranteed hours for the current school year. Job Details 1-on-1 with individual student part time/full time Requirements Georgia SLI License School experience a plus Sunbelt Benefits Weekly pay direct deposit great full benefit package Free mentorship provided
- Moscow, IDAre you a dedicated and highly skilled Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) ready to facilitate communication between students and staff of Moscow, Idaho? This role will empower you to make a positive impact by connecting people and enriching lives within an educational environment. As an SLI, your responsibilities will include: - Bridging communication gaps by translating spoken language into sign language and vice versa, effectively breaking dow
- Maple Grove, MNSunbelt is currently on a mission to hire a contract Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) with guaranteed hours at a school district near Maple Grove, Minnesota for the 23/24 School Year. Job Details SLI duties 1-on-1 with individual student Full time Requirements Minnesota SLI License Pediatrics experience EIPA Score 4.0 or higher Sunbelt Benefits Competitive rates Full benefit package (Vision, dental
- Â Fort Wayne, INSunbelt has an opening for a Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) opportunity at a school district near Fort Wayne, IN. In this position you will be working one on one with a high school student. Job Details DHH and ELL 1:1 with Freshman High School Student Requirements EIPA Score of minimum 3.5 OR RID Certification About Sunbelt Competitive Pay 401K Matching Health/Dental/Vision Plans Guaranteed Hours For any further
- Columbia, SCNew: Sign Language Interpreter (SLI)Position in Columbia, SC Sunbelt is now accepting applications for a school-based Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) position that is available in the Columbia, SC area. In this position, the Sign Language Interpreter will be servicing students in a 1:1 setting. You can email your most current resume at: [email protected]. Job Responsibilities: Full time Current school year K-12 On-sit
- Augusta, GAAre you a dedicated and highly skilled Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) ready to facilitate communication between students and staff of Augusta, Georgia? This role will empower you to make a positive impact by connecting people and enriching lives within an educational environment. As an SLI, your responsibilities will include: - Bridging communication gaps by translating spoken language into sign language and vice versa, effectively breaking
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLIJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next sign language interpreter teacher job.