Sign Language Interpeter
Calling on Educational sign language interpreters (SLI) in the area of Trumbull, CT!
One of Soliant's clients is interviewing applicants for a full-time position. We seek an SLI to work with a sixth grade student during the course of the 2018-2019 school year.
Essential functions include:
- Assisting the student in academic and nonacademic activities, (e.g. classroom instruction, non-captioned movies, tests, library, computer lab, recess, sports, music, assemblies, special events, after school activities, etc.) for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Implementing, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instructional/behavioral programs and lesson plans for the purpose of assisting the teacher in improving students' academic and life skill success through a defined course of study.
- Interpreting at meetings as may be requested (e.g. IEP, individual teacher/parent conferences, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information with deaf or hard of hearing participants.
- Interpreting or transliterating all language necessary for student’s education for the purpose of facilitating effective communication.
- Providing support/tutoring to the deaf or hard of hearing student for the purpose of facilitating communication and/or reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from administrators, teachers and other staff for the purpose of providing information or referring to appropriate personnel.
Sound like a position where you could thrive? Start the application process by e-mailing your resume to Monica Guu at [email protected] I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SLI Jobs
- Norwalk, CTAre you a skilled Sign Language Interpreter seeking a rewarding opportunity in Norwalk, CT? We have an immediate opening for a Full-Time School Sign Language Interpreter. Join our team and make a positive impact on the lives of students in need. Requirements: Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) Full-time availability ASAP start date Strong communication skills Compensation: Competitive hourly pay: $28-33+/hour
- Norwalk, CTHello, I'm Ellen from ProCare Therapy, and I'm currently looking for a dedicated Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) to join a school in Norwalk, Connecticut. This is a fantastic opportunity with immediate availability, so we're looking to hire as soon as possible. Key Details: Position: Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) Location: Norwalk, Connecticut Company: ProCare Therapy Contact: Ellen Sentell Email: [email protected] Job
- Hartford, CTSoliant is partnering with a school district to find a dedicated and skilled School Sign Language Interpreter to join our team for the 2023-2024 School Year. Join us in making a positive impact on the lives of young learners. Interviewing Now! Responsibilities: Provide sign language interpretation services to deaf or hard-of-hearing students in various educational settings. Interpret spoken language into sign language and vice versa, facil
- Hartford, CTJob Details Position type: Full-Time Pay range: $35-$42/hr; 4.0 EIPA required Responsibilities: Provide ASL interpretation services during classroom instruction, school activities, meetings, and other educational settings to ensure effective communication for student Interpret spoken language into ASL and vice versa, conveying the content and intent accurately and maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of all parties involved. Facili
- Trumbull, CTSoliant has partnered with a school district in the area of Trumbull, CT to accept applications from Sign Language Interpreters for a position for the remainder of the school year. Details of the position below: Work with Middle School student(s) Full-time (37.5 hours per week) Start: January 2019 End: end of school year (extensions for next school year are likely) Requirements: EIPA score of 3.0 or more; experience with interpreting in
- Norwalk, CTProCare Therapy is actively seeking a skilled Sign Language Interpreter for a full-time position in Norwalk, CT. This opportunity is available for an immediate start and will continue through the remainder of the school year. We are looking for candidates with an EIPA score of 3.5 or higher and strong American Sign Language (ASL) experience. Job Details: Location: Norwalk, CT Position: Full-Time Sign Language Interpreter Start Date: Immedia
- Trumbull, CTCalling on Educational sign language interpreters (SLI) in the area of Trumbull, CT! One of Soliant's clients is interviewing applicants for a full-time position. We seek an SLI to work with a sixth grade student during the course of the 2018-2019 school year. Essential functions include: Assisting the student in academic and nonacademic activities, (e.g. classroom instruction, non-captioned movies, tests, library, computer lab, rec
- Hartford, CTJob Title: Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) Location: Hartford, Connecticut area Employer: Soliant Education Position Type: Onsite SLI Requirements: Soliant Education is seeking a qualified Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) to work onsite in the Hartford, Connecticut area. The ideal candidate must possess at least one of the following credentials or equivalent: Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) Certification Certificate of Interpre
- Manchester, CTSoliant has partnered with a local school district in the Manchester, CT area to hire a qualified Sign Language Interpreter for the current school-year. Schedule: Monday - Friday, with ALL evenings, weekends, and school holidays off. Applicants seeking full-time roles will be considered. Qualifications: Associates degree, interpreting program, or higher education completed preferred 3.5 EIPA or higher, NIC and/or RID Experience
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLIJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next sign language interpreter teacher job.