Sign Language Interpreter | Auburn, IN
Position Type: Full-time, 37.5 hours
Caseload: 1:1 High School Student
Pay range: $28 - 35/hr
- Provide ASL interpretation services during classroom instruction, school activities, meetings, and other educational settings to ensure effective communication for student
- Interpret spoken language into ASL and vice versa, conveying the content and intent accurately and maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of all parties involved.
- Facilitate communication between student and teachers, ensuring that students have equal access to academic instruction, classroom discussions, and other educational activities.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and other educational professionals to ensure that classroom materials and resources are accessible to student.
- Support students in their understanding of and participation in classroom activities, providing clarification and additional explanations when needed.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and other individualized plans for students, ensuring that appropriate accommodations and supports are provided.
- Provide assistance during assessments and testing situations, including interpreting exam questions, prompts, and instructions for student.
- Stay updated on current trends, practices, and educational resources related to ASL interpretation and deaf culture.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records related to interpreting services, including logs of interpreted sessions and student progress reports.
- Collaborate with other ASL interpreters, teachers, and support staff to develop strategies for improving communication and inclusion for student.
- Bachelor's degree in American Sign Language.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL).
- 3.5 EIPA score, or RID certificate required.
- Experience working as an ASL interpreter in an educational setting strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of educational terminology and instructional practices to effectively interpret academic content.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with students, teachers, and staff.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the individual communication needs of students with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Sensitivity and respect for the unique needs and experiences of individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Proficiency in using technology and interpreting software to support interpreting services.
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match
- Tax-free stipends available to those who qualify.
To learn more about this job opening, please submit an application and current resume, or reach out to me directly!
Soliant Account Executive
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SLI Jobs
- Jupiter, FLSunbelt has an opening for a Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) opportunity at a school district near Jupiter, FL. In this position you will be working one on one with a student. Job Details 1:1 with High School Student Deaf/Hard of Hearing Requirements EIPA Score of 3.6 or Higher About Sunbelt Competitive Pay 401K Matching Health/Dental/Vision Plans Guaranteed Hours For any further questions regarding the Sign La
- Burnettown, GASunbelt is currently to looking to hire a Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) with full benefits and guaranteed hours at a supportive school district near Burnettown, Georgia for the 23/24 School Year. Job Details SLI duties 1-on-1 with individual student part time/ full time Requirements Georgia SLI License Pediatrics experience - preferred 3.5 EIPA score Sunbelt Benefits Competitive rates Weekly
- Chancellor, VAFull-Time Sign Language Interpreter near Chancellor, Virginia Sunbelt Staffing is working with a school district in the Chancellor, Virginia area that is looking for a Full-Time Sign Language Interpreter. The Full-Time Sign Language Interpreter would work 1:1 with a student. Job Details: Full Time Elementary Working 1:1 with an Elementary student throughout their school day to provide Sign Language communication support for the stud
- Columbia Heights, GASunbelt is working closely with a supportive school district near Columbia Heights, Georgia to find a Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) with guaranteed hours for the current school year. Job Details 1-on-1 with individual student part time/full time Requirements Georgia SLI License School experience a plus Sunbelt Benefits Weekly pay direct deposit great full benefit package Free mentorship provided
- Moscow, IDAre you a dedicated and highly skilled Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) ready to facilitate communication between students and staff of Moscow, Idaho? This role will empower you to make a positive impact by connecting people and enriching lives within an educational environment. As an SLI, your responsibilities will include: - Bridging communication gaps by translating spoken language into sign language and vice versa, effectively breaking dow
- Maple Grove, MNSunbelt is currently on a mission to hire a contract Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) with guaranteed hours at a school district near Maple Grove, Minnesota for the 23/24 School Year. Job Details SLI duties 1-on-1 with individual student Full time Requirements Minnesota SLI License Pediatrics experience EIPA Score 4.0 or higher Sunbelt Benefits Competitive rates Full benefit package (Vision, dental
- Â Fort Wayne, INSunbelt has an opening for a Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) opportunity at a school district near Fort Wayne, IN. In this position you will be working one on one with a high school student. Job Details DHH and ELL 1:1 with Freshman High School Student Requirements EIPA Score of minimum 3.5 OR RID Certification About Sunbelt Competitive Pay 401K Matching Health/Dental/Vision Plans Guaranteed Hours For any further
- Columbia, SCNew: Sign Language Interpreter (SLI)Position in Columbia, SC Sunbelt is now accepting applications for a school-based Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) position that is available in the Columbia, SC area. In this position, the Sign Language Interpreter will be servicing students in a 1:1 setting. You can email your most current resume at: [email protected]. Job Responsibilities: Full time Current school year K-12 On-sit
- Augusta, GAAre you a dedicated and highly skilled Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) ready to facilitate communication between students and staff of Augusta, Georgia? This role will empower you to make a positive impact by connecting people and enriching lives within an educational environment. As an SLI, your responsibilities will include: - Bridging communication gaps by translating spoken language into sign language and vice versa, effectively breaking
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLIJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next sign language interpreter teacher job.