Sign Language Interpreter in O'Fallon, IL
Position: Sign Language Interpreter
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Hours: 20 hours per week
Duration: June 12 - July 8, 2023
We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Sign Language Interpreter to join our educational team in O'Fallon, IL. As a Sign Language Interpreter, you will be responsible for facilitating communication between students who are deaf or hard of hearing and their peers, teachers, and staff members. This is a part-time position with a caseload consisting of K-12 students for the 2023 extended school year.
- Provide sign language interpretation services to students who are deaf or hard of hearing in educational settings.
- Interpret and translate spoken language into American Sign Language (ASL) or other sign systems, and vice versa, to ensure effective communication between students and their peers, teachers, and staff members.
- Follow students' individualized education plans (IEPs) and instructional goals, providing necessary support and accommodations.
- Collaborate with teachers and other educational professionals to ensure that students' communication needs are met in various classroom activities, including lectures, discussions, group work, and assessments.
- Assist in creating a supportive and inclusive learning environment for students by promoting understanding and appreciation of deaf culture and fostering positive relationships.
- Maintain accurate records of interpreting services provided and student progress as required by the school district and applicable laws.
- Attend relevant meetings, trainings, and professional development opportunities to enhance interpreting skills and stay updated on best practices in the field of deaf education.
- Adhere to professional ethics and confidentiality standards, respecting the privacy and dignity of students and their families.
- Fluent in American Sign Language (ASL) and English, with excellent interpreting skills in both languages.
- Possess a valid certification as a Sign Language Interpreter or equivalent qualification (e.g., RID certification, EIPA certification) preferred.
- Experience working as a Sign Language Interpreter in an educational setting, preferably with K-12 students.
- Knowledge of educational laws, policies, and practices related to special education and accommodations for students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to establish rapport with students, staff, and parents.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the diverse needs of students and handle varying caseloads.
- Reliable and punctual, with a commitment to maintaining professional standards and meeting deadlines.
If you are a passionate Sign Language Interpreter looking to make a meaningful impact on the education and lives of students who are deaf or hard of hearing, we encourage you to apply for this position. Join our team and be part of a supportive and inclusive educational environment.
You can learn more about employment with ProCare Therapy at https://www.procaretherapy.com/
Please feel free to reach out to me directly via phone or email to discuss more details about our job openings!
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SLI Jobs
Sign Language Interpreter - School ContractAurora, IL
Sign Language Interpreter | Hapeville, GAHapeville, GA
School Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) Job- Near Columbia City, IndianaColumbia City, IN
Sign Language Interpreter 2023-2024 School YearAvilla, IN
Multiple Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) positions available in Savannah, GASavannah, GA
Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) Contract Job in San Antonio, TX | 23/24 School YearSan Antonio, TX
Opening for a Sign Language Interpreter in Redding, CA | 2023-2024 SYRedding, CA
Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) - 2023/2024 - Rochester, WA - Full Timerochester, WA
REMOTE | Alaska | Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) Job Opportunity | 23/24 School Year | Full-TimeWasilla, AK
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLIJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next sign language interpreter teacher job.