Sign Language Interpreter Opening - School
Soliant is seeking full time Sign Language Interpreters for the 2023/2024 school year. As a contracted interpreter, you will provide essential support to students who are deaf or hard of hearing, ensuring their access to education and fostering an inclusive learning environment.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and familiarity with Deaf culture.
- Proficiency in spoken English to effectively interpret between spoken language and ASL.
- Certification as a sign language interpreter (EIPA Score of 4.0) is required.
- Experience working as a sign language interpreter in an educational setting preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish rapport with students, teachers, and staff.
- Sensitivity and patience when working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Commitment to maintaining professionalism and confidentiality.
- Provide interpretation and transliteration services between spoken language and American Sign Language (ASL) in classroom settings, meetings, assemblies, and other school-related activities.
- Assist students who are deaf or hard of hearing in understanding and communicating information presented in a spoken language.
- Adapt instructional materials to ensure accessibility for students with hearing impairments.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and other educational professionals to support students' academic and social needs.
- Help facilitate communication and interaction between students with hearing impairments and their hearing peers.
- Assist in maintaining accurate records of interpreting services provided and student progress.
- Stay updated on current practices and developments in the field of sign language interpreting and deaf education.
- Respect and maintain student confidentiality at all times.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match
If you meet the qualifications and are excited about this opportunity to make a positive impact on students' lives, please apply with your resume or email the recruiter, Catherine, at [email protected].
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SLI Jobs
- Jupiter, FLSunbelt has an opening for a Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) opportunity at a school district near Jupiter, FL. In this position you will be working one on one with a student. Job Details 1:1 with High School Student Deaf/Hard of Hearing Requirements EIPA Score of 3.6 or Higher About Sunbelt Competitive Pay 401K Matching Health/Dental/Vision Plans Guaranteed Hours For any further questions regarding the Sign La
- Burnettown, GASunbelt is currently to looking to hire a Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) with full benefits and guaranteed hours at a supportive school district near Burnettown, Georgia for the 23/24 School Year. Job Details SLI duties 1-on-1 with individual student part time/ full time Requirements Georgia SLI License Pediatrics experience - preferred 3.5 EIPA score Sunbelt Benefits Competitive rates Weekly
- Chancellor, VAFull-Time Sign Language Interpreter near Chancellor, Virginia Sunbelt Staffing is working with a school district in the Chancellor, Virginia area that is looking for a Full-Time Sign Language Interpreter. The Full-Time Sign Language Interpreter would work 1:1 with a student. Job Details: Full Time Elementary Working 1:1 with an Elementary student throughout their school day to provide Sign Language communication support for the stud
- Columbia Heights, GASunbelt is working closely with a supportive school district near Columbia Heights, Georgia to find a Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) with guaranteed hours for the current school year. Job Details 1-on-1 with individual student part time/full time Requirements Georgia SLI License School experience a plus Sunbelt Benefits Weekly pay direct deposit great full benefit package Free mentorship provided
- Moscow, IDAre you a dedicated and highly skilled Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) ready to facilitate communication between students and staff of Moscow, Idaho? This role will empower you to make a positive impact by connecting people and enriching lives within an educational environment. As an SLI, your responsibilities will include: - Bridging communication gaps by translating spoken language into sign language and vice versa, effectively breaking dow
- Maple Grove, MNSunbelt is currently on a mission to hire a contract Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) with guaranteed hours at a school district near Maple Grove, Minnesota for the 23/24 School Year. Job Details SLI duties 1-on-1 with individual student Full time Requirements Minnesota SLI License Pediatrics experience EIPA Score 4.0 or higher Sunbelt Benefits Competitive rates Full benefit package (Vision, dental
- Â Fort Wayne, INSunbelt has an opening for a Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) opportunity at a school district near Fort Wayne, IN. In this position you will be working one on one with a high school student. Job Details DHH and ELL 1:1 with Freshman High School Student Requirements EIPA Score of minimum 3.5 OR RID Certification About Sunbelt Competitive Pay 401K Matching Health/Dental/Vision Plans Guaranteed Hours For any further
- Columbia, SCNew: Sign Language Interpreter (SLI)Position in Columbia, SC Sunbelt is now accepting applications for a school-based Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) position that is available in the Columbia, SC area. In this position, the Sign Language Interpreter will be servicing students in a 1:1 setting. You can email your most current resume at: [email protected]. Job Responsibilities: Full time Current school year K-12 On-sit
- Augusta, GAAre you a dedicated and highly skilled Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) ready to facilitate communication between students and staff of Augusta, Georgia? This role will empower you to make a positive impact by connecting people and enriching lives within an educational environment. As an SLI, your responsibilities will include: - Bridging communication gaps by translating spoken language into sign language and vice versa, effectively breaking
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLIJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next sign language interpreter teacher job.