Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) near Auburn, WA
Job Summary: As a Sign Language Interpreter, you will facilitate effective communication between students who are deaf or hard of hearing and the educational environment. Your expertise in American Sign Language (ASL) and educational interpreting will play a vital role in ensuring equal access to educational opportunities for students.
Position type: Full-Time
Caseload: Multiple needs; discussed during interview
Pay Range: $30-40/hr
- Provide sign language interpretation and communication support to deaf or hard-of-hearing students in various educational settings.
- Facilitate effective communication between deaf or hard-of-hearing students and their peers, teachers, and other school staff.
- Ensure that all classroom materials, lectures, and discussions are accessible to students by providing real-time interpretation.
- Modify and adapt sign language interpreting techniques and strategies to meet the unique needs and communication styles of each student.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and other educational professionals to create an inclusive and supportive learning environment for deaf or hard-of-hearing students.
- Professional Development: Continuously improve professional skills and knowledge by attending workshops, trainings, and conferences related to sign language interpreting, deaf culture, and educational practices.
- Adhere to professional codes of ethics and conduct, maintaining the highest standards of professional practice and confidentiality in all interactions.
- Hold a minimum of an Educational Interpreter Performance Assessment (EIPA) score of 4.0, or RID (The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc.) or NIC (National Interpreter Certification).Possess fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and demonstrated proficiency in English.
- Prior experience working as a Sign Language Interpreter in an educational setting is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with educational terminology and curriculum to effectively interpret academic content.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with students, staff, and parents.
- Demonstrated cultural competence and sensitivity towards deaf culture and the diverse needs of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt interpretation styles based on the needs and preferences of individual students.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match
- Tax-free stipends available to those who qualify.
Upon submitting your application, qualified candidates can contact Lucy Malone at (678) 459-1104, or by email at [email protected], for next steps.
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SLI Jobs
- Prattville, AL
- Stockbridge, GA
- Twinsburg, OH
- Wayzata, MN
- Bubbling Springs, WV
- Boulder, CO
- Denver, CO
- Kenansville, NC
- Yelm, WA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLIJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next sign language interpreter teacher job.